Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chicago Transit Authority: Self Titled


Choice:  Chris

Really an amazing album. I give Chris mega credit for laying this one on me. It's the first album by the band that would become, simply, Chicago. It's one of the most well rounded albums I have ever heard. I will go on record saying it's the BEST album I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. It's the first album released by Chicago and the year was 1969. I'm amazed at how modern this thing sounds after over forty years. The music is vibrant, with lots of punch and heart. Lyrically, it's still relevant. If you need to get in the zone one night, put this on the turntable, IPod, or CD player and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. By the way, if there is a better drummer than Danny Seraphin, I've yet to hear him/her.

Top Songs: Beginnings, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?, Questions 67 & 68
Chart Success:  17th on USA Billboard and 9th on UK Pop Albums
Reviews:  All Music 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment